Danish DJ and producer Mike Salta having recently offered up reworks of classic Giorgio Moroder material, Martin Brodin's MB Disco imprint turns to Mike Salta for some original disco grooves. Ironically, Salta's original actually sounds like the result of an unlikely jam session between Mororder, Gino Soccio and nu-Balearic/nu-disco studio bod Peter Visti. It's perhaps fitting, then, that Visti himself provides a remix that balances Salta's pleasing melodies and sun-flecked touches (check the breakdown) with twisted, acid-flecked bottom end. The best reworks, though, come from Swedish production crew Drop Out Orchestra. Both the Dub and Rework (the latter nearly 14-minutes long) offer low-slung electric bass, heady melodies and, crucially, superb percussion.
01. Mike Salta - Escape From Rico Bay (Drop Out Orchestra Club Cut)
02. Mike Salta - Escape From Rico Bay (Sare Havlicek Remix)
03. Mike Salta - Escape From Rico Bay (Peter Visti Remix)
04. Mike Salta - Escape From Rico Bay (Original Mix)
05. Mike Salta - Escape From Rico Bay (Drop Out Orchestra Rework)